2019 Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards
The Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards honour extraordinary Albertans whose volunteer achievements have contributed to the well-being of their community and fellow community members. Six awards, two in each category of youth, adult and senior are presented annually on or around International Volunteer Day, December 5.
Albertans, who meet the following criteria, are eligible fora Stars of Alberta Volunteer Award:
• Exemplifies the spirit of community service;
• Demonstrates exemplary initiative, leadership, and creativity in their service to others;
• Serves as a role model for others in their community;
• Inspires others to engage in volunteer service; and
• Improves the overall quality of life of fellow Albertans and the community as a whole.
Submissions for the 2019 Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards must include the following:
• Letter of Nomination submitted by the nominator;
• Completed Nomination Form signed by the nominee and the nominator;
• Completed Critical Information (detailed responses to the requested points one through eight in a separate attachment); and
• Completed list of references.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) The personal information that is provided in the nomination submission about the nominator and the nominee is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is protected by the privacy provisions of that Act. The information will be used for the purpose of administering the Stars of Alberta Volunteer Awards program and to select and publicize the achievements of the award recipients.
Submissions can now be made online. For complete instructions visit: www.culture.alberta.ca/voluntarysector/stars
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2019
Award nominees and their nominators will be notified in writing of the selection committee’s decision in November 2019.