- October 16, 2017
- 10:00 AM
NOTICE OF ADVANCE VOTING, ELECTION & REQUIREMENTS FOR VOTING IDENTIFICATION Local Authorities Election Act (Sections 12, 35, 46, 53)
VILLAGE OF RYLEY, PROVINCE OF ALBERTA and BATTLE RIVER SCHOOL DIVISION
Notice is hereby given that an election will be held for the filling of the following offices:
Five (5) Councillor FOR Village of Ryley
One (1) Public School Trustee FOR Ward 2 Subdivision 2, Beaver County West
Advanced Vote: Voting will take place on the 11 day of October, 2017, between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. Mountain time. Voting stations will be located at: Ryley Municipal Office, 5005-50 St. Ryley, AB
Election Day: Voting will take place on the 16 day of October, 2017, between the hours of 10:00 A.M. and 8:00 P.M. Mountain time. Voting stations will be located at: Ryley Municipal Office, 5005-50 St. Ryley, AB
Eligibility To be eligible to vote, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You must be at least 18 years old
2. You are Canadian citizen, and
3. You have resided in Alberta for the 6 consecutive months immediately preceding election day and the person’s place of residence is located in the area on election day.
If you have any questions regarding your residency, contact the Returning Officer, Michael Simpson, at 780-663-3653.
Voter Identification When you attend the voting station to vote on Election Day or at the Advance Poll, you must produce valid identification to prove your identity and place of residence. The following documents will be considered valid identification:
- Photo ID issued by the Federal, Provincial, or local government, that contains your name and current address. Examples of this are a driver’s license or other government issued ID. PO Box numbers will be accepted.
- ID that is accepted by the Province’s Chief Electoral Officer. Examples of this are a utility bill, vehicle registration, pension plan or other government benefits statement, bank or credit card statement, or property tax assessment notice. For a complete list of valid ID documents, check the Ryley website at www.ryley.ca, or contact the Returning Officer, Michael Simpson at 780-663-3653.
Only one proof of identity is required, but the identification must show BOTH the name and address of each voter. If your identification shows only your name, you must provide other valid identification that shows your current address. If you do not produce valid identification, you will not be allowed to vote, even if the Returning Officers at the voting station know you personally.
Candidates for the 2017 Municipal Election are as follows in alphabetical order.